Restaurant Chains Anchored In Portland and/or The Pacific Northwest
- Burgerville USA 39 locations.
Drive-though and Sit-down restaurants.
- Elmer's Restaurants 25 locations.
Started as a Pancake House in 1960.
- McCormick & Schmick's 87 locations.
Listed on NASDAQ. Downtown: Harborside at the Marina is on public transportation.
- McMenamin's 57 locations.
Microbreweries, Theater Pubs, Hstoric Hotels & Dance-Halls.
- Orignal Pancake House 124 locations.
Flagship restaurant is on SW Barbur Blvd. No reservations, no seating without full party present. Plan on waiting 20+ minutes even midweek. #12 Bus southbound.
- The Old Spaghetti Factory 51 locations USA & Canada.
Flagship restaurant: 0715 S.W. Bancroft St. On Streetcar.
- Shari's 104 locations.
24-hour pie house.
- Busters BBQ 3 outlets, all in the PDX 'burbs.
- Swagat 5 outlets. May be the best Tandoori Chicken in town. Moderate prices. Lunch Buffet $9.
- Moonstruck Chocolate
Chocolate to die for? Oprah thinks so. There's an outlet in the Pioneer Square Fashion Mall right downtown.
- Pho Van 3 local outlets. Thai.
- Typhoon 6 outlets. Thai.
- Hot Lips 5 outlets. Pizza.
Qdoba probably owe their existence to a pioneering "healthy fast-food" chain called
Machismo Mouse that grew to over 100 restaurants, then collapsed after the death of its founder in a floatplane accident.
Many Images Below Hot-link to Larger Versions.
Portland loves good food. When you're in town, you should try some. Here are a few of our best. It is by no means comprehensive.