No Sales Tax. No Value Added Tax
Haul It With You, Or Ship It Home.
- What you save on sales tax will probably cover the freight charges.
A Short Walk, or Easy Public Transportation Access, From Downtown:
- Powell's City of Books (503) 228-4651 The 3-story city block of books, is Downtown on the Streetcar (in The Pearl). They have a separate free-standing Technical Bookstore across the street. You'll also find Powells Books inside the PDX Airport, in Beaverton and on Hawthorne. Visiting Author Readings (Calendar) are sometimes recorded for BookTV.
- Moonstruck Chocolates
"Chocolates To Die For." Oprah loves their wares and says so often.
- Camera World
400 SW 6th, - Downtown, on Transit Mall - (503) 205-5900. A nice big retail camera store, with lots of hard-to-find accessories, like that lens you forgot to pack. Now part of Ritz Camera.
- Pro Photo Supply
1112 NW 19th Ave - (503) 241-1112 Simply awesome home-town camera shop and photo supply. More high end / pro stuff than Camera World.
- Portland Saturday Market
An outdoor arts and crafts market, where merchandise is sold by the person who made it. Saturday and Sunday Only. Since 1974, the largest continually operating outdoor arts and crafts market in the nation. Centered in Portland's historic Old Town the Market is one of the most popular shopping destinations for local handcrafted goods.
Sample vendors: Oregon Panoramic Photography, William Patric Moore Photorgrapher.
The Perfume House
3328 SE Hawthorne Blvd. (503) 234-5375 Bus #14 (Stop ID 2620) "The best selections of perfumes around the world!" - insiderpages.com
- The Pearl District
A quirk of history kept a square mile near downtown undeveloped till the late 1990's. Shopping, eating, living, galleries, theaters, brew-pubs... It's all fresh and new. Take the Streetcar, stop at Powells .
- Apple Stores
- Radio Shack
Shopping Malls, on Public Transportation
You Will Need a Car:
You May Need a Car
But Public Transportaion Works for Some Locations:
Ship It Home.
- United States Postal Service "The Post Office"
- FedEx Kinkos ( Federal Express / FedEx Office -- Formerly Kinkos).
- UPS United Parcel Service.
External Links: =Website =Wikipedia =Google Map